Looking to add a bit of privacy and style to your windows? Frosted glass is the perfect solution. Not only does it provide an extra layer of security, but frosted windows also look elegant and can transform any room in your house. But how much do they cost? In this article, we discuss the different factors that affect frosted window pricing so you know what to expect when shopping around for window film.
What Is Window Film?
Window film is a popular and increasingly common way to add privacy, soften the glare from the sun, or change the look of glass doors or windows. This type of frosted window film goes on like wallpaper and gives an opaque finish to any type of glass. It typically costs less than having custom-made frosted glass installed by a window specialist.
What Are The Different Types Of Window Film?
Let’s take a closer look at what you need to know about the different types of window films available today:
- Frosted and decorative films: This is one of the most popular options on the market due to its ability to provide greater privacy than standard glass without sacrificing natural light in private offices or homes. The price ranges vary depending on size and design.
- Solar control films: Solar control film is a type of window film or coating applied to glass windows and doors, typically made from polyester, that reduces the amount of solar radiation entering a building by reflecting or absorbing it. It can also reduce glare and fading, as well as provide additional privacy.
- Security films: If safety is your top priority then these 4-15 mil thick security films are worth checking out. They protect against breakage in extreme weather conditions like hail storms and high winds making them ideal for businesses located in areas prone to inclement weather events.
- Anti-graffiti films: Anti-graffiti film is a protective plastic layer that is applied to surfaces as a barrier against vandalism such as spray paint, markers and other forms of graffiti. It can also be used to reduce damage caused by acid rain, salt spray and other weathering.
- Antimicrobial films: Antimicrobial film is a thin, transparent film or layer which contains antimicrobials agents. This layer is applied to surfaces in order to protect them from the growth of bacteria and fungi, often to extend their shelf life.
No matter which type of window film you choose, all window films allow you to enjoy enhanced aesthetics along with added protection from UV rays and lower heating/cooling costs year-round.
How Much Does It Cost To Have Windows Frosted?
The cost of having windows frosted depends on the size, shape, and location of your window, as well as how much frosting you want. Generally speaking, you can expect to pay around $5-25 per square foot for a standard frost film installation.
Factors That Affect The Cost Of Frosted Windows
If you’re considering a window film upgrade for your home or business, you’ll want to know how much it costs. The cost of frosted privacy film is determined by several factors. Here’s what to consider when calculating the total cost of your project:
- Size and number of windows: The size and number of windows will be the first factor that affects the cost of frosted window film installation services. Generally, the bigger and more numerous the windows are, the higher you can expect to pay.
- Type of film: The type of window film you choose also impacts its cost. Generally, patterned films are more expensive than plain films while premium quality films tend to be more expensive than standard quality options. Fortunately, there is usually a wide range available for most budgets.
- Labor costs: Labor charges should also be considered when calculating the cost of frosted window film installation. Professional installation is recommended for complicated projects as this ensures a secure fit and helps gear you up for success with minimal problems in the future. Depending on where you’re located and the type of installation required, labor costs can vary significantly from one project to another so make sure to check what Protex charges in your area.
- Location and accessibility: Another thing that affects cost is where you live and how accessible your property is for installers. Installers may need special equipment such as scaffolding if they have problems accessing high windows or tight spaces which could increase the cost.
Is Window Frosting Permanent?
Window frosting is a semi-permanent solution to give your windows adequate privacy and reduce window glare. There are reflective and non-reflective options available when choosing the type of frosting you would like for your windows.
Are Frosted Windows A Good Idea?
Frosted windows are a great idea for privacy reasons. The frosting creates a blurred and diffused light which prevents people outside to see what’s happening inside the house while still allowing some light in. They also have the advantage of creating an elegant, modern look and being easily customizable.
Can You See Through Frosted Window Film?
Yes, you can see through frosted window film. However, it does obstruct the view, making images appear fuzzy and distorted. This is because the film diffuses light passing through the window, producing a foggy effect. While you can still make out what is on the other side of the glass, it won’t be as clear.
What Are The Benefits Of Frosting Windows?
Frosted Window film is an opaque, compact vinyl material designed to provide privacy and reduce light transmission. It’s often used for decorative purposes in homes and offices alike, allowing for a simple, cost-effective way to add privacy. Here are additional benefits of frosted window films:
- Reduced glare and temperature: When installed on windows, frosted film can reduce glare from natural light. The reduction of sunlight passing through the window also provides a cooler temperature inside, especially during the summer months.
- Extra privacy and security: Frosted films provide extra privacy while still providing the necessary level of lighting.
- Easy maintenance: Due mainly to their chemical composition, frosted window films are easy to clean without worrying about damage caused by scrubbing too hard or leaving streak marks that traditional cleaning agents can sometimes cause on glass windows.
- Variety of designs available: If you have ever been hesitant about installing textured pattern films on your windows then you will be happy to know that there are numerous designs available today.
Frosted Window Film Installation Services
Whether for your home or office, our frosted and decorative window films can add character to a space. Whether you need to change the look of a glass surface or just reduce the visibility between two rooms while preserving the brightness, we have more than one solution for you. Plus, we take care of the installation process so you don’t have to scratch your head or think about the kind of advanced technology or application tool you need.
Our frosted window film can be used on different types of glass surfaces:
- Conference room windows
- Office door
- French doors
- Bathroom windows
- Cubicle separators
- And much more!